Australia is a country that is very nice to live in. The country has a super economy, and the people are pretty friendly. So, we could easily say that Australia is a country that anyone would love to live in. If you want to live in Australia, there are several things that you can do. Out of them all, Australian permanent residency is a dream for most of us.
Through this writing, we will guide you through the entire pathway of getting an Australian PR and starting from what you have to know – to what you have to do!
Read on the article to find out how to make your Australian migration dream come true!
What is Australian permanent residency?
Australian permanent residency is the permanent visa category. Of course, Australian PR allows you to live, work, and settle in Australia as a permanent citizen. This is a visa category that you will receive on if you have stayed in Australia for the last four years.
With PR, you are a part of the country. You become an Australian citizen. And nevertheless, you get the chance to have all the benefits an Australian would get.
Permanent residency in Australia offered is mostly to skilled workers. Hence the country has implemented many methods for the people to fit in. There are two points tests and two ways to apply.
- Subclass 189 visa which is an independent visa
- Subclass 190 visa which needs state nomination to apply
Why should you apply for Australian permanent residency?
Above all, you may need to know why you should consider getting a permanent residency in Australia.
So, given below is a list of benefits that you will get when you obtain an Australian PR visa.
- You get the opportunity to live and work in Australia.
- You can leave and enter the country as much as you want in the first five years. Then you can renew your eligibility.
- Also, you can apply for citizenship through PR.
- An Australian PR gets the opportunity to enjoy many rights and privileges enjoyed by Australian citizens.
- Study in Australia under Fee Help.
- Sponsor your relatives to Australia.
- You can also travel, work and study in New Zealand (under the approval of the New Zealand government).
- Children born in Australia are considered Australian citizens by birth.
Well, we are certain that these benefits completely changed your insight into Australian PR.
Who can apply for Australian PR?
Sweet as it may sound; an Australian visa is not given for all. There is a strict eligibility criterion that you should know.
- Age: You have to be less than 45 years of age.
- Points: You need to get at least 65 points (mentioned below)
- English qualification: Make sure that you have a good IELTS score
- Occupation: You should have a proper trade that is listed by the Australian government.
- Skills: Your skills will be accessed through the educational and work experiences.
- Health: Apart from all the above, you need to have good health and character to be eligible.
Other than these basic requirements you need the following too:
- Language test details
- Education qualifications
- Work experience and certificates
- Medical and police verifications
- Travel documents
- Settlement fund proof, including bank statements and bonds
What should you have before applying for an Australian permanent residency?
The critical documents required to apply for PR in Australia include the skill assessment report. Apart from that, you will need an IELTS certificate. These two are the documents that you need to get at the very beginning.
Then you should consider the appropriate visa category. This will help you narrow down the checklist.
Now you should consider the occupation. The occupation should be based on your work and educational experiences. So, make sure that you select the best profession that suits your talents. Australia always looks for talented individuals. It is still the best to consider an occupation that you are good at.
How to make sure that your PR request will be accepted?
To make sure that your PR request is accepted, there are several steps that you can follow. These are not hard and will make sure that your Australian permanent residency dream comes true.
First of all, check whether you match the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Go through every point.
Get your skills assessed through a designated authority. This will help you understand the skills that you lack.
Submit an expression of interest (EOI)
Apply for PR online along with the attesting documents.
There are many offshore and inshore MARA registered Australian immigration consultants who can guide to get your Australian PR sorted for a fee.
How many points are required for Australian PR?
To get an Australian permanent residency, you need to have a minimum of 65 points. Keep in mind that this point requirement is regardless of the type of visa you apply.
This includes your age, education, English knowledge, and skill criteria. If your secondary school is in Australia and if you have work experience you get a higher number of points.
What are the visa options for Australian PR applicants?
As mentioned above, there are two visa options for Australian PR: the subclass 189 and the subclass 190.
The skilled independent visa
Subclass 189 is the most popular category. This helps people who do not have any sponsorships but are talented and experienced. You will need the following requirements to apply for this visa.
- A qualified occupation
- Be under 45 years of age
- Submit an expression of interest
- Have proper skills
- Have the appropriate health and character certifications
The subclass 190 is a state-sponsored category. This provides the opportunity to the individuals nominated by the state to live and work in the country permanently.
In order to apply for this visa, you need to be appointed by the state.
To be eligible for this visa, you need to have the following requirements:
- Be involved in an occupation listed in the short term skilled occupational demand list.
- Earn at least 65 points in the point test.
- Be under 45 years of age
- Have a proper work experience
- Provide the required health and character certifications
Apart from these basic two visa categories, there are many other visa categories! So, do not give up hope. There is always a visa type that suits you!
Final words about Australian permanent residency
However, you should keep in touch with the Australian department of home affairs website for further details. You can also check out the various Visa options and the suitability through their website. Visit them at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/permanent-resident/visa-options