Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
When you are migrating to Australia, there are many requirements that you need to fulfill. Hence, it is essential to take help from legal organizations. You can not only get help to apply to migrate but through the entire process. But how can you know which Australian migration agents are credible? This is a big question to all, and we have brought all the answers that you need!
Australia has one of the largest and advanced migration systems. There are seventeen registered migration organizations in Australia. The migration agents offer immigration information and assistance to possible immigrants.
A best and qualified migration agent must hold an existing practicing certificate. These are supplied by an Australian body that is legal by law to offer it. This migration agent is the person or the organization that helps you to apply the visa application.
Migration agents can;
- Help you prepare your visa application
- Advice on what visa will best suit you
- Ensure that quality of documentation and its standards
- Give a piece of sincere and honest advice and opinion on your eligibility
- Continuously monitoring the progress of your application
- Communicate with the Australian Government on your behalf
- Represent you before a court concerning a visa
Who are Australian migration agents?
There are a large number of agents registered in Australia offering VISA and immigration advice. If you decide to get help, make sure you use a designated migration agent to help with your visa.
The official registered agent list provided by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (https://www.mara.gov.au/) will help you with that!
It would be best if you considered a lot of things before choosing your migration agent and signing a contract with an agent.
- Your requirement
- Cost of the process
- Legally qualified agent
- Does the agent have the right skills to help you?
- Can the agent speak your language or can they arrange the translators?
- Agent fee
- Has the agent given you a contract to read?
You must check whether the agent has the right to provide help as well as the skills. You also have to think about their experience with the types of applications you want to apply. The agent can advise on how likely it is your Australian migration application will succeed. At last, the agent can also tell you about the step the agents will take to help you.
Further, you must ask the agent about their service charge and get their written Agreement.
Make sure to understand the difference between the migration agents’ chargers and extra costs. The additional cost is like visa application charges.
How to find out whether the Australian migration agent is reliable?
There are simple ways to determine whether Australian migration agents are reliable or not.
– Check for their registration number. This is the most reliable as well as the easiest way to find out whether the agent is reliable or not. You can check with the MARA organization in Australia and see whether the organization name is in their list.
– Look for their testimonials. You can select the number of clients they have had in the past, the number of employees and even their history. Though these might sound simple and irrelative, they are actually good signs to see whether a company is reliable or not. A scam company will never stay for three to four years. Therefore, make sure to consider their testimonials as well.
– Look for their transparency when it comes to dealing with people. The best place to see this is the reviews given by their previous customers.
– Do they communicate properly? How do they convey their messages? If a company requests you to pay first in order to proceed have more chances of being a scam company. If they are not talking straight or are hiding details until later, you really have to look for another Australian migration agent.
What qualities should you look into when selecting an Australian migration agent?
There are many organizations that claim to be registered Australian migration agents. But how can you select the best agent out of them? How can you know whether the migration agent that you are going to work with is best for the task?
Well, there are some easy methods to determine whether you are working with a good migration agent.
Look into these qualities and you can determine whether the migration agent is someone that you should work with!
- A professional in the business
- Good communication skills
- Quality service
- Quick and tidy service
- They provide you with proper guidance in order to do your process better and accurately
A proper migration agent will tell you this. The speed of your visa approval surely depends on the accuracy of your documents and the other details. So, make sure to follow the process with understanding as well as patience. They will help you with it!
How can you protect yourself from scammers?
There are scammers everywhere in the world. It is not limited to the migration agent business. There are scammers in each and every business. If a business is associated with a considerable amount of money, the number of scammers increases rapidly. This is something that you have to always keep in mind.
So, what are the ways that you can use to actually protect yourself? There are no scam alerts in the real life – it is only available in these electronic messaging systems.
So, you sure have to keep these points in mind if you really need to protect yourself from being cheated!
Consider these things and if the agency has any of these features, beware mate, they are scam!
– They are talking about a once in a lifetime challenge that you will get if you pay them an initial sum.
– The company asks you to pay to their personal account and not to the government directly.
– There are more scam emails and other telephone calls rather than the official mails that you actually need.
– The company is more focused about the money and not about your visa.
– They assure faster service. They say that they can make the process faster!
– You get offerings out of the blue, and they claim that only they can get you these deals.
There are some other easier ways to identify a scammer even without going through much trouble. The scammers do not have official websites. Even the websites look so fake and childish. They will keep asking you about the money, and can even ask you for your personal details and bank details.
No official migration agent working under the government will do any of the above. They are professionals and represent the Australian government. Hence, they will always ask you to make the payments to the government and not to them.
What to do if the migration agent is truly a scam?
Well, before anything else you need to understand this one thing. You are not going anywhere with a scammer. They are not migration agents but are actually gold diggers who are trying to scam at least a little money from you. So never, we repeat – NEVER! – pay a migration agent if you feel that they are not reliable or if they are acting a little sneaky!
Reporting a migration agent, if you encounter is the best thing for you to do! This will not affect to your visa application in any way. You can either report them to the MARA Australia organization or you can simply go ahead and report to the Australian embassy. If you are contacting with an organization in your country you can report them to the agency.
Keep this in mind. No one can harm you or avoid your applications or interfere with the process. So, you reporting an agent that is a scam will not harm you in any way. Go ahead and report these scammers and make it safe to the people who will consult them after you as well! Be the bigger person!
Some final words about Australian migration agents!
You now know almost everything that is there to know about Australian migration agents. Well, you have to be careful when selecting one. You can always check their credibility by checking their registration number in the department. And you also have the opportunity to report any company if you feel unsafe, or if you feel that they are not telling the truth!
Well, keep in mind that not all companies are good. On the other hand, not all companies are bad either. So, when selecting a migration agent, make sure you select the best company to support with your requirements. No company can guarantee fast visa one hundred percent. And no visa is a once in a lifetime opportunity – if there are any such opportunities the immigration authority will have it in their website.
Keep in mind that such words will not get you anywhere. So, use your brain, and look into the past, dig a little deeper and find out whether they are actually a valid migration agent or not.
However, a migration agent can make your visa process easy. So the best is to find you a reliable migration agent!